If you want to complete an internship or co-op off-campus throughout the summer break, you must participate in the CPT program.
Information international students need to know about CPT:
- You begin by securing an internship or co-op. As in covered in the guidelines for CPT/OPT above, the internship or co-op must be related to your program of study. It must be related to your major. It cannot be related to a minor.
- After securing the position and receiving your offer letter, complete the CPT Application Form and Co-op/Internships Application Form.
- Note: The offer letter must include your supervisor's name and contact information, state and end dates for the position, and salary information.
- Once you've completed the forms, email both forms and a copy of your offer letter to email@example.com.
- Once received, the office of Career Services will review the application materials and approve the CPT position.
- After approval, Career Services will complete the registration form for the appropriate course for the term through the registrar and notify the student that their application has been approved.
- Note: Career Services will also work with the International Admissions for required updates.
- Three to four weeks prior to the end of the semester, an evaluation form will be sent to the supervisor that was listed to be completed and sent back to the office of Career Services.
- After completing your experience, meet with Career Services to update your resume!